Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ospreys of the Trent River




We explored the river on Sunday while my friend and her family were here. We checked out the osprey nests and were yelled at properly by osprey parents. However, I did manage to get an interesting shot - albeit a bit blurry with my little camera - of the osprey who tried to lure us off. I got another shot of him in the air, but just the outline. Another nest had several young ones who kept peeking over the top and getting pecked for their curiosity in view of the danger of humans in a boat. Of course, it's illegal to disturb their nests; so they are in no danger from any of us. People around here respect that.

1 comment:

PseudoPiskie said...

Our bald eagles are wonderful but I wish our ospreys would return. The way they dive is fascinating to watch.