This originally began as an email meme, but I just can't think who would like to read it. So, this has become a blog meme for me - thanks to Juanuchis Way
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? One just bought today 8 foot real, 7 miniature artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first week of December, but with house renovation - probably not until the 23rd when we have our tree trimming party
4. When do you take the tree down? when my partner gets sick of it
5. Do you like eggnog? I love it, but it doesn't love me - and no alcohol, please.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Don't remember much of my childhood, but think it was a pair of white majorette boots that I lost the first day of school because I took them off when they hurt my feet. Those were the only acceptable boots for girls then.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, two of them - one is a small multi-part set and the other is my partner's childhood cardboard with plaster figures
8. Hardest person to buy for? My partner
9. Easiest person to buy for? The ones who give me lists
10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Not doing them this year
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm sure it was a ruffled dress that Mom gave me - taffeta with flocked pine cones on the gathered skirt - and worn with a crinoline petticoat (not one of the big ones) that scratched. Bleah.
12.Favorite Christmas Movie? Don't know
13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop all year to fill stocking for my friends - stocking are popcorn tins, but I start present shopping in December usually. If I buy it any sooner, I give it to the person then. Can't wait.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, many.
15.Favorite thing to eat/drink at Christmas? Cornbread Dressing and cranberry sauce
16.Clear lights or colored on the tree? We have old fashioned colored lights on our tree now, but I used clear lights for many years.
17.Favorite Christmas song? O Come, O Come Immanuel (I realize this is really an advent song, but, hey, who knows the difference?)
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? home this year, used to travel to Mom's
19.Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph
20.Angel on the tree top or a star? star - handmade by Lisa's mother and brother many years ago
21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning - but I always want to do it on Christmas Eve - we opened on Christmas Eve when I was a child.
22.Most annoying thing about this time of year? Alvin and the Chipmunks and “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”
23.Favorite ornament theme or color? Coca Cola
24.Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, green beans, sometimes rice or mashed potatoes, pecan pie or chocolate pie
25.What do you want for Christmas this year? To be back in my newly-renovated house and cook Christmas dinner in my new kitchen