Friday, February 01, 2008

Southern dialect

Ah, Juanuchis, why'd ya hafta get me started on this? I know I talk Southern, but I thot it was only when I's tired. Now I discover

81% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?


And, yes, I did have Confederate ancestors, enough so that I could join the - what is it? - Daughters of the Confederacy. My uncle actually is a member of the men's form of that organization, and he has a framed picture and write-up about one of our most direct ancestors. Give me a break!

A Rebel at heart - maybe that explains my life. LOL

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am 60% Dixie - a definitive Southern score - despite my Yankee upbringing in Massachusetts. My mother's Mississippi roots exerting their influence, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm 69% Dixie. My score is sullied by the fact that I was raised by Yankee parents.

Janis Bland said...

I'm 64% Dixie, but then, you can't really classify the West Virginia twang is purely Southern. It's its own animal.