Monday, September 29, 2008

Update on me

The non-tropical storm that came through last week played havoc with my respiratory system, and I missed a half-day of work, yoga and other things. I am better but still tired, and tomorrow is another work day.

Because I want some comprehensive information about what is going on with my body and someone to interpret this, I have made an appointment for an evaluation at Cleveland Clinic in mid-November. I'll have more information on this as the time approaches.

I've begun taking my prozac again and my relentless minor depression has abated.

I'm skipping yoga for a few weeks and beginning again in mid-October.

Work is going well. We did a bustling business on Saturday with visitors coming to Tryon Palace and stopping by the shop to look AND to buy.

We continue to have couples counseling and continue to learn more about how to have the relationship we want. Some days it's fun and some days I cry.

The nights are getting cooler here, and I'm enjoying being able to open the doors and windows sometimes. Partner and I went jet skiing last week about three miles up the creek and saw a beautiful hawk who swooped down to investigate us. Although I don't really get wet with the jet ski, putting them back on the lift requires getting in the water, and it's getting cooler, too. So, we may have had our last ride of the season - except when we put them on the trailers - then I get to ride!!!

I figured out one reason I do love doing figure 8s with the jet skis. Many lifetimes ago when I was 18, I rode barrels in rodeos for a season. I wasn't very good, but it was very exciting. I get the same thrill from the jet ski.

Life is good. The stock market has not affected our income YET, but our net worth fluctuates with the market. Our bank has been bought by a larger firm. The local yacht manufacturer, Hatteras, has laid off over 300 people. The drawbridge work continues even on weekends, and we're hoping for a mid 2009 reopening.

On the negative side, the GLBT group we've been trying to start at our church has had a trying time with the pastor and governing body. They think that calling it the GLBT Support Group is too militant. LOL. Well, so is the American flag and they process it down the aisle every Sunday. I don't go to church anymore; I've been rejected enough.

So goes my life. Amen. Hallelujah.

3 comments:

klady said...

I don't suppose they'd consider a "We-who-shall-not-be-named-and-are-not-likely-to-get-much-support" group? Sheesh.

Glad to hear you had a least one more adventure out on the water before the storm came.

shallotpeel DonnaB said...

How in the world is that militant *at all* much less *too* militant?!!!

Lindy said...

Just out of curiosity, what would they like you to call it?

Glad you are posting your history. I'm reading!